Let’s get into why we worry so d@#^ much and how we can stop the MADNESS!
Many, if not all mothers, women and girls carry a burden that sits on their heart. This burden is most contributed to this messed up emotion that causes us to cry, scream, stress, feel hurt, fear, get anxious, grow ill and even limit our ability to reach our dreams. No, it ain’t our menstrual cycles….though that can be up for debate. It’s called WORRY. And why do we choose to keep this emotion in our life? That’s a great question…..but we all know the answer. It’s because we are too scared to lose this worry. Being at peace with ourselves, pursuing our dreams and being in love with who with are is just to overwhelming to think about. Getting into this worry-free mode will lead to people giving us weird looks and the dreaded thought of not having EVERYONE be our friends and EVERYONE to like us is just unbearable. Like WTH is happening to us!
What made us this way…the hormones? society? family? ourselves? The more disturbing question is, Why do we choose to keep this sickening worry that even effects our health? Like foreal, worry can lead to ulcers, break outs of skin, weight gain, and most eye opening, leading us to live mediocre lives without excitement and challenge to help change to world. I figured something out, no matter what we do, how we compromise ourselves, everybody is not going to like you and you don’t have to like or agree with everything. Social media will say crazy things that may offend you. A family member may always have their “two cents” to share with you. A co-worker will always gossip about you or question your ability to do a job.There will always be pictures on Instagram and Facebook of “picture perfect” people telling you that you that their life rocks and your life sucks in a subliminal way. I have experienced some of the worst in ALL categories. But the unique thing is, is that my experiences are not unique.
We all go through this. What separates people at peace from the people who worry is a choice to utilize the ON/OFF switch. And that my friends is what we must do. Turn on the OFF switch to the craziness and keep on the ON switch for choosing to be who you are without alterations.
Think about it this way, the 100% “people pleasers” are the ones who afraid to make mistakes, afraid to grow, afraid to live and just afraid to be afraid. You are worth more than that and its time that we take a stand to enter into the New Year a person that works on self-satisfaction. Stop making up stories in your head about what other people may be thinking of you. Start working on the story that we know is real, and that is your story. Will your book be full of stress or will it be full of LIFE!
So, how do we stop this madness? What ever do we do when we experience worry!? Well, here are some things that I work on daily. (Yes, I am a recovering “people pleaser” and I am only a few days strong…make that one day strong, yesterday was tough!) Each day that I apply these things, and yes some days I may fall short and begin to worry about people or things I can’t control. But each day, I gain more understanding of who I am and what I am worth!
Key tips and “things” to work on that will gradually decrease things you worry about:
- Identify who or what is causing you worry? Write down all of the people and all of the things that cause you to worry. Get it out, no one has to read your paper so be honest with yourself. Take a good look at this sheet. You have been in the doctor because of this, you have starved yourself for this, you have felt ashamed to live because of this, you have questioned your ability to pursue a dream because of this. Repeat after me, “It’s time to let this ish go!” say it three times and really mean it, scream it, cry it out, whatever you have to do, you have to let these worries go!
- Now ask yourself. Are they worth it?
Most of the people reading this blog have this great thing going on called LIFE. To stress out over another human being is ridiculous. Yes, it is in our nature to want to be liked, but there has to be limits and understanding that you have a purpose to serve. Wasting your time pleasing others prevents you from spending time doing what you are meant to do in this world. Most of that is living a fulfilled, happy life. So begin to scratch the items off that you wrote in tip #1 and be comforted with the notion that you are worth more than worrying about it. You are worth too d@#^ much.
- Once you begin to be a peace, someone else will be freed to be themselves as well. Yes, being bitter, negative and “gossipy” is a comfort for some….but there are those who are simply scared to cross over into the “just shut up and be happy” zone. Being yourself and letting your light shine, helps others to feel comfortable!
- “What is the worst that can happen?”. Sometimes asking yourself that question really brings to light things that you actually can live with. The worst thing that can happen will most likely be something that you can live with.
- Make the choice to know that worrying does NOTHING but cause harm to you. That simple. Control what you can. The things you can’t control are most likely things that aren’t worth worrying about. Momma said, “It always turns out to be OK in the end.” And if your worry is related to another person, go back to No. 2 and ask yourself if they are worth your health.
It’s the end of the year and I would love to offer you my wonderful “My Year is Here” success guide for you to have for only $6! This guide will help you to develop your foundation to succeed in all areas of your life. Make 2016 your year! Purchase at http://meltdownmomma.bigcartel.com/product/my-year-is-here-success-planning-guide . Free gifts come with every purchase! Thank you for reading my blog and be sure to catch up with me on http://www.meltdownmomma.com to learn more and keep in touch. Follow me on twitter and Instagram: @meltdownmomma and comment below. I’d love to know your thoughts!